Oct 1, 2014

Afternoon of Art in Pewaukee


It's been awhile since my last post, as I've been away from Panama for the last two months. Heading back shortly, though, and not a day too soon. The Wisconsin climate is quickly changing and cold temps have never inspired me. 

Decided to stop by the Lake Country Art Gallery on Capital Drive to see what they offered, and was very pleasantly surprised.  What I anticipated to be a half-hour visit turned into a couple of hours, and I'm returning soon to finish seeing what I didn't have time to examine the first time.  

If you would enjoy a superb collection of high quality water colors by Jean Crane and students, or a more limited selection of acrylics and oils by other familar Wisconsin artists,  this just might be your venue.

In addition to great paintings, there is a large selection of custom jewelry, pottery, glassware, woodworking, needlecrafts, and some very funky furniture. Definitely worth the visit. And right now there is a huge sale with discounts ranging from 30 to 75 percent off, for all bargain hunters.  

Below, some of my favorites...






And a few postcard pics of Jean Crane collections: