Mar 27, 2011

San Francisco de la Montaña

The small pueblo of San Francisco de la Montaña had been suggested to me as a possible place to settle.   I've been looking for a small, undiscovered Panamanian town where I might be able to seamlessly slip into the community without drawing attention as a foreigner,  and without signalling others to follow.  This town has a lot of history and tradition.   Unfortunately, it didn't have the right feel for me,  but I thoroughly enjoyed our brief visit.   

These photos were taken in front of the 17th century church that is the town's main attraction.  The woodwork and altar inside were beautiful to behold, but unfortunately photos with flash aren't permitted and without flash, I couldn't capture any indoor images.   The church currently is undergoing restoration but remains fully functional as the community's center of worship.