Jan 20, 2011

The Feria is Still On....

It's 3:15 am on a Wednesday night and I can't sleep.  I live about 5 minutes by car from the Boquete Fairgrounds.  The music and noisemaking from the Flowers and Coffee Festival is keeping me awake. Sounds as if it were coming from two houses away rather than several miles...

I visited the fair last Sunday afternoon.  This was the least enjoyable of the four festivals I've thus far attended.  Less vendors than usual, no artisans to speak of,  only one plant kiosk worth stopping at, and just run of the mill junk in the international arena.  Not sure what's happening, but it  appears the municipality is running out of steam when it comes to organizing these fairs. The noise seems to have incremented, however, so perhaps the real fun is with the nighttime activities.  Downtown Boquete is all decked out for the occasion.  Lights all around central park,  newly planted geraniums in the flower boxes and along the roadway entering town.  I'm not feeling the love, though.   Four more days and counting.....